After the War
After the war, the land returned to its rightful owner, and the encampment slowly deteriorated. Over the years, the huts and stockades were disassembled and the logs used for firewood, railing or other construction. According to Gibson, local farmers for fencing used the posts of the pickets. It is highly possible that portions of the camp still remain embedded in the framing of some of the early houses in the York area.
The land was returned to farming, but Gibson, writing in 1886, stated "Some of the lumber of the fence and stones of the huts yet remain". George Prowell, writing in 1907, states "this historic spot, though very rugged, has been farmed over, so that unless that it is marked, the exact site will be known to future generations only by tradition".