"A prison camp built in 1781 to detain British troops surrendered by Gen. Burgoyne at Saratoga, N.Y. and their families. Prisoners captured at Yorktown, Va arrived later. It was guarded by York County militia and Continental troops until operations ceased at the end of the American Revolution in 1783. The camp consisted of log huts and a large stockade. Archaeological evidence confirmed its location less than a mile to the south."

Camp Security is the last remaining undeveloped prisoner-of-war camp from the Revolutionary War. One of only a handful to ever be established, it is located just east of the City of York in Springettsbury Township. Camp Security housed over one-thousand British and Canadian prisoners of war between the summer of 1781 and the spring of 1783.